Uses For Everyday Items
People You Should Know
Symptoms of head injuries:
- May or may not be conscious.
- Any changes in level of consciousness.
- Bleeding from mouth, nose, or ears.
- Paralysis of one or more extremities.
- Difference in size of pupils of the eyes.
First aid for head injuries:
- No stimulant or fluids.
- Do not raise feet, keep victim flat.
- Observe carefully for stopped breathing or blocked airway.
- Get medical help immediately.
- When transported, gently, lying flat.
- Position head to side so secretions may drool from corner of mouth.
- Loosen clothing at neck.
Back to the First Aid page.